Tuesday, September 30, 2008

False lashes - for socialites or for Rock of Love girls?

Dang! It's been a while. Lately I've been wondering about false lashes. I've tried them and am completely in love, but it seems like they get a bad rep. (or is it rap? hmm...) I'm too scared to wear them to school for fear of one of them coming loose. Plus its a pretty dramatic change from what my normal stubby lashes look like, even if it is a positive one. What a pickle! I am a firm believer that, as shallow as it may sound, any woman/girl can look pretty with good skin and long lashes. Case in point: most mtv/vh1 reality tv shows. It's pretty obvious these ladies use quite a bit of makeup, false eyelashes included. I'm not judging, but I wouldn't say that they are very classy. It's not really the look I'm going for. On the other hand, celebs like Eva Longoria Parker flaunt their falsies on the red carpet, and it makes a huuuge difference. But what about us normal people? Well, I started researching a while ago, and these are the options out there for longer lashes (in order from least to most dramatic):
- Vaseline. Hey, I'm not kidding. This stuff works in a pinch for glossy lashes.
- Eyelash curling. Depends on how good your is.
- Mascara.
- Individual false lash clusters (prob not the technical term). This I might consider doing for school, it looks just a smidge better than mascara (and no clumps!)
- Lash tinting. I'm skeptical - if you tint your lashes, would it be like permanent mascara? What about when they fall out in 2 weeks?
- False eyelashes. These can vary from normal short ones to luxe feathery ones to those crazy purple ones.
- Professionally applied temporary lashes. Pretty cool for fancy events.
- Lash EXTENSIONS. That's right - like the ones for your hair, except they're above your eyes. Crazy? You decide.

No comments: