Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adventures in Saks


Have you ever felt so intimidated by a store that you were a little nervous going in? Well, teenagers aren't very welcome in Saks Fifth Avenue and boy was I not feeling the love today. I dragged my friend in with me so I could scope out the high end beauty stuff. And then I saw it - the holy grail of all foundations. The SK-II AirTouch Foundation. It's from Japan, so it's extra fancy. I read about it a couple months ago in Allure (my beauty bible). They said something about bonding with the ions in your skin (http://sk-ii.com.sg/en_WW/products_details.php?productId=32 for more info) but I didn't believe it. Still, I had to try it out in the store. The foundation is supposed to come out in a fine mist when you press a button. At first I didn't see anything, but I slowly saw my skin evening out. The results were unbelievable. Redness - gone. Pimples - covered up flawlessly without any blending. However, my time with my little miracle was cut short when a saleslady walked over and asked, "do you know how to use that?" to which I replied, "uhh... yeah" and kept on spraying. But she didn't leave - she just kept standing there waiting for me to finish. It got so uncomfortable that I grabbed my friend and we left. I was so peeved off! I mean, she didn't know I couldn't afford it ($150?? Holy shittake mushrooms!) And the samples are there for people to use them. Well anyway, it took a couple minutes to dry but it left a perfect semi-matte finish and full coverage without looking heavy. If you've got the money, buy it.

No comments: